Pocatello Regional Airport Travel Tips
At Pocatello Regional Airport we pride ourselves on providing passengers with fast, friendly service. The check-in and security screening process is a much less stressful experience in Pocatello than you will find at other airports. Here are a few tips to make your experience even better.
SHOWTIME FOR DEPARTURE
At Pocatello you should plan to arrive at the airport one hour prior to your scheduled departure time. Please note that the airline computer system will not allow passenger check-in within 40 minutes of the scheduled departure time so even if the plane is still on the ground and the airline counter is open the computer system will not allow you to check in if you are within that 40 minute window.
- You are permitted to carryon one piece of luggage (up to 45” length + width + height and up to 40lbs.) plus a personal bag which can be something smaller such as a briefcase, laptop, purse or backpack. Please remember that your carryon items must easily fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you. A good rule of thumb is to measure your bag against the “Carry-on Baggage Check” rack posted near the ticket counter which measures 22”x 14”x 9”.
- Have questions about what you can carry through security? Visit the TSA Travelers Page at http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information.
- Currently Delta/SkyWest charges $25 each way for the first checked bag if you are traveling within the United States, Canada and the Caribbean. Most international flights allow one checked bag for no charge. First Class, Business Class and Business Elite passengers are allowed two to three checked bags at no charge. Baggage fees can be paid for within 24 hours of your flight online at www.Delta.com or you can check and pay for your bags at the ticket counter when you arrive at the airport.
- For Economy passengers checked bags must weight no more than 50 pounds and measure no more than 62” length + width + height. First Class, Business Class and Business Elite bags may weigh up to 70 pounds and measure no more than 62” length + width + height. Bags that exceed the weight or size limit are subject to additional charges.
- There is currently no charge for carryon baggage.
- Forgot something? The airport gift shop, Idaho Unlimited, has travel items that you may have forgotten or that last minute souvenir. Visit their website at www.IdahoUnlimited.com.
For additional baggage information go to www.Delta.com.
- For up-to-date information about security requirements and traveling with special considerations visit the TSA Traveler’s Page at www.tsa.gov/traveler-information.
- TSA PRECHECK PASSENGERS
The Transportation Security Administration employs a modified TSA Pre-Check at Pocatello Regional Airport. Passengers with TSA Pre-Check indicated on their boarding pass may leave on their shoes, belt and a light jacket. They must comply with all standard carry-on requirements, which means the laptops and liquids (of right size and in quart bag) must be removed from the carry-on bag and presented separately.
TSA Pre-Check protocol utilizes the walk-through metal detector. This equipment will usually alarm for passengers who’ve undergone joint replacement surgery or otherwise may have internal metal components. However, there is an Advanced Imagery Technology (AIT) scanner available that will greatly reduce the possibility of a follow-on physical pat-down. While the AIT is used for most passengers it must be requested for anyone designated TSA Pre-Check. If you are designated TSA Pre-Check and have internal metal components that will likely alarm a metal detector, you may ask the screener to pass you through the AIT instead.
PICKING UP OR DROPPING OFF A PASSENGER
- When picking up or dropping off a passenger you are welcome to park in the short-term lot directly in front of the terminal.
- A loading/unloading zone is provided curbside for quick drop off or pick up and loading and unloading of baggage. Please note that all vehicles and baggage must be attended while in the loading/unloading zone and vehicles are permitted to remain in the zone for 5 minutes only.